FOREIGN COMPANY REPRESENTATIVE OFFICE
Latvia is a member of the European Union since 2004 and part of the Schengen-zone. The main benefits of the Latvia residence permit compared to other EU countries are:
- Issued for 5 years with a requirement to visit once-a-year to renew. After this period you may apply for 5 year EU Long-Term Resident status
- You may enter any of the other 25 Schengen country’s an unlimited number of times and stay there visa-free up to 90 days in a row
- You are not required to stay permanently in Latvia. Just visit once a year to renew your residency permit
- You may include your spouse and children to the same residence permit.
The representative office must prove their business activity by presenting of concluded agreements. You must have income € 360 /month. The residence permit will be issued per 4 years
IBCC will be assisting you with:
- Invitation from Latvian Migration Department;
- Latvian LLC set-up or Branch or Representative Office with accounting and legal address service (if required)
- Collecting documents from the Commercial Register, Social Security offices, Revenue Service, etc
A foreigner submits the necessary documents at the Embassy of Latvia:
– valid passport;
– residence permit request form;
– one passport photo;
– certificate confirming no criminal record;
– receipt confirming the state duty payment to examine documents.
The authorized person submits the following additional documents as per the basis of residency permit application:
- Company documents set;
- Latvian Migration Department confirmed invitation.
- Valid contracts with Partners confirming activity in Latvia
- Document confirming minimum subsistence income (e.g. bank statement, salary, etc.) -€ 360 per month.
Upon receiving the decision on granting residency permit, the foreigner must personally present to Immigration Office
- fluorography (the certificate showing that s/he does not suffer from active tuberculosis (the certificate must be issued by a Latvian medical institution)
- health insurance policy valid for 1 year (costs ~ €50)
In order to make a residency permit card, you will be photographed at Immigration Office. Residency permit will be issued within 5-10 days.
The investor must register a residence permit annually (otherwise, the residence permit will become void). 30 – 90 days prior to the residence permit expiration date the foreigner must present to the Immigration Office the following documents –
- valid passport
- renewed health insurance policy;
- renewed certificate showing that’s/ he does not suffer from active tuberculosis
- document confirming minimum subsistence income (e.g. bank statement, salary, etc.)
- valid contracts with Partners confirming activity in Latvia